Thursday, March 28, 2013

Unanswered Questions

Why does it seem that some no little of heartache and some seem to suffer so much? And why do we love God? Do we love him because we do not suffer? Do we love him because our life is our own small piece of heaven on earth? Or do we love him in the storm because He is our anchor and he keeps us from drifting away? Do we love Him through our rain-soaked tears and unanswered questions?
 I do not know why We must suffer so in this life. I do not know why heartache is foreign to some, yet a constant companion in the life of others.
 I do know that we must walk by faith and not by sight. I do know that God promises NEVER to leave His beloved. I do know that the suffering we experience pales in comparison to the suffering of my Savior. I do know that He promises to be near to the brokenhearted and he binds up all wounds. I know that He has ordained our days before even one of them came to be and that His great purpose for our lives WILL be accomplished in His power. I do know that He is good and He is sovereign and He is faithful. I do know that He loves us with an everlasting love and that NO THING, No Power, no person, is capable of plucking us from his hand. I do know that He hurts when I hurt and he desperately longs to comfort my weary soul. I know that He is good and He is true and one day ALL of my questions will be answered- and so will yours. I pray over you, dear brother and sister, that while your journey may contain far more bumps than you could ever desire or have imagined, that our sweet Jesus would comfort your broken heart , carry you when you have the strength to go no further, and mend every wound. I pray for joy in your sorrow and that you would let the light in.  Let it change you. Let it heal you. Let it bring you HOPE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment